Alexander Randall House

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 in Landmark History | 0 comments

Alexander Randall House

Alexander Randall House

The Alexander Randall house at 120 McCall St. originally sat on East Avenue. Alexander Randall was governor of Wisconsin during the Civil War. He later became Postmaster General of the United States. When the railroad was put through in the 1800’s, the house was moved to McCall St by the Rankin family. In the 1920’s the house was stuccoed and remodeled. The last owners started renovations to the house, but lost it to foreclosure.

Working with the Waukesha Preservation Alliance and the City Landmarks Commission on a plan for the property, the new owners removed the stucco and discovered that there was original siding and trim boards underneath that were in good condition. After the stucco was removed, the owners hired restoration carpenter, Ron Raasch to repair the existing features and replicate the missing details.